Monday 24 September 2018

Another Decent Day


     Took the dog out today and had a run around to see
     what I could see, my first port of call was Castle Carr Rd,
     where there was a Little Owl, 8 Stonechat, 2 Wheatear and
     2 Reed Bunting which surprised me in that area, I then went upto
     Leadbetter Dam but there was only Mallards & Gulls and
     10 Canada Geese and 7 Emu lower down I kid you not.

     Nolstar Kennels had 50+ Goldfinch & Linnet eating on the thistle
     Fly Flatts had 6 Kestrel, 4 Stonechat and a few Meadow Pipits
     knocking about, 8 Canada Geese flew onto the water which I was
     hoping were Pink Footed Geese but it wasn't to be and few waders
     were on the banking but too far away for me to make out what they
     were.

     I paid Soil Hill a visit as Ive not been for a while and after  carefully
    negotiating dog poo alley, got to see 2 Skylark, 6 Meadow Pipit,
    4 Red Grouse, 2 Kestrels, I then had a sneezing fit and scared a Snipe
    half to death, I was hoping to come across a Ring Ouzel but it didn't
    happen for me today so just wishful thinking.

 
























2 comments:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Great photos Dave
Nice one with Stonechat - hard to come by.
Soil Hill is tough going these days!!
John

Dave Brotherton said...

Cheers John, yeah you've gotta be loyal to the hill to have any luck up there.