Monday 17 September 2018

3 Owls a day keeps the doctor away



 I wasn't going to bother going out yesterday but with the
 sun popping its head out for a couple of hours I decided
 to give it a go and Im so glad that I did, I won't say where
 I went for the birds safety but it was well worth the effort,
 4 Barn Owl, 2 Little Owl and 1 Short Eared Owl all seen
 it was just a shame it was getting dark and they were at a
 fair old distance, too far for any decent photo's but then
 again beggars can't be choosers, also at the same venue
 were 2 Buzzard and 6 Kestrels, you don't get many days
 like that so I was well chuffed, oh I forgot there was also
 a cracking Peregrine flyover as well. I gave SM a call and
 he turned up and was well chuffed with the night of Owls.

  After being reviewed by proper birders who are a lot more
  experienced and wiser on the avian skill it has now been
   declared a Long Eared Owl and not a shortie, either way
  I'm still chuffed and a big thank you to everyone who helped.

                                          Little Owl

                                          Kestrel
                                          Buzzard




                                          Barn Owl with prey.

                                          Short Eared Owl
                                          Barn Owl