Friday 9 November 2018

Coley Pink Thrush ?


  Well on this miserable gloomy day I decided to venture
  down to Coley to try and see the Brambling that BS had
  seen down there, I finally came across them but could only
  see a couple of them and no chance of a decent shot in the
  dark and standing behind branches and leaves but at least
  I got to see them, flock of Goldfinch with a few Greenfinch
  mixed in with em, flighty Redwing flying from tree to tree,
  lots of Chaffinch about both sides of road and what I thought
  was a Mistle Thrush until I looked through my binoculars and
  it had a pink chest to my surprise, shame it flew off just as I
  raised my camera, so I was straight onto Dave S hoping he
  could give me a clue, Rose-Coloured Starling Waxwing were
  the birds thought about, after looking at photographs of these birds
  the juvenile Rose Starling seemed to be the nearest to what
  I saw but with missing taking a pic it'll have to be a
  possible COULD HAVE been which is a shame as I know
  what I saw, so hopefully someone local might be able to spot
  it again in the Coley graveyard opposite the church.

  It was nice to bump into Andy Cockroft whom I haven't met
  before but read his blog, who was also hoping to see Brambling.
  Blackbirds, Robins, Blue Tits, Wood Pigeon, lots of Gulls and
  Corvids and 2 Pied Wagtail were also seen at the church and
  down the lane in the fields. Plenty of House Sparrows in trees
  just up the road from the graveyard.

 





















 

No comments: