Tuesday 3 March 2020

Ogden Water Walk


   Went for a walk around Ogden Water in inclement
   weather hoping to see the male Mandarin Duck that
   had been seen in the morning but did nit see it with
   the naked eye, but after looking through my pics it
   was there very distant swimming with a gull.
   First bird to be seen was a Dunnock that got so close
   I could've fed it and then close by a Treecreeper made
   a show which are always great to see, I had no joy with
   the Kingfisher down by the water works which was a
   bit of a downer, higher up in the woods were a couple
   of Jays collecting moss off of the trees.

  I then went to my favourite Goldcrest spot and guess
  what ? nothing at all, a bird was heard chirping but
  couldn't make out the call, a Great Tit flew out in front
  of me and Lapwing were peewitting over the golf course,
  on the lake were the usual species with one very light
  coloured Drake Mallard, so not very much to see but
  still an enjoyable walk.

  Garden had 8 Goldfinch, 2 Bullfinch and 2 Greenfinch.

















No comments: