Monday 16 September 2019

Buzzards in the Air


  Had a nice surprise yesterday morning with a Spotted Flycatcher
  in the garden though didn't stay long enough for me to get my
  camera, at first I thought it was a female Chaffinch but the song
  was different, managed to get binoculars on it and realised it was
  a flycatcher after re-checking not he internet and books, it had
  longer wings and a speckled head and chest, other birds in garden
  were Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Dunnock, Robin and
  Blue Tit along with 8 Collared Dove, and pesky Magpies and
  pigeons along with the odd Jackdaw.

  Today I went looking for Redstart that had been seen at Bradshaw
  Cricket Field, but didn't have any joy as I couldn't even find the
  bloody cricket field lol, but lo and behold as I was driving along
  Roper Lane I looked over Bradshaw and there it was the cricket
  field, how I missed it I'll never know, I also couldn't find the park
  either.
 
  In the garden today overhead were 2 beautiful Buzzard calling
  and my daily Sparrowhawk, I managed some distant shots but
  not great, also today I went up to Soil Hill where there were a
  few flighty Meadow Pipits, 1 distant Sparrowhawk and a Kestrel,
  Dragonfly on top pond and a Coot on the bottom pond and also
  a very white Gull last time I seen one like it was at Hartlepool
  and that was an Arctic Gull but I think it might just of been the
  sun shining on it that made it so bright.

















2 comments:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Bradshaw Park is next to the cricket club but parking access is sometines locked and not easy to find.
Its 150yds after passing the fleece pub (on the left) the bradshaw park car park is on the right.
John

Anonymous said...

Cheers John

Dave