Monday 16 July 2018

Garden Visitors and a Parrot.


  I haven't been out of late due to watching the world cup
  and the weather being much too hot for me as Ive been
  exhausted after walking around for 5 hours delivering
  mail in this heat, the old body can't take it anymore.

  The visitors Ive had have been Goldfinch, Greenfinch,
  Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Collared Dove, Blue & Great Tit,
  Blackbird, Starling, Wood Pigeon, Sparrowhawk had a
  couple of visits, Peregrine flew over twice, lots of Swift
  and a few Swallow which I thought might have flown to
  Africa by now, House Sparrows which was a surprise but
  no House Martins which was disappointing, also Ive not
  seen a Kestrel over the backs for a while whereas it used
  to be a nightly event at one time, Green Woodpecker showed
  up again but only for a short stay and nothing heard from the
  local Tawny Owl which I expect every couple of nights.

  Deer, Fox, Frog, Wood Mouse and Weasel on the animal side.

  At work a Ring-Necked Parakeet flew over, I thought it was a
  Raptor at first until I saw the length of its tail which is a first for
  me, a nice surprise but a shock at it being in such an urban place,
  it was only a half a mile out of Bradford City Centre.
  2 Stock Dove and Dunnock also seen in the garden.


































No comments: