Monday 24 April 2017

Leighton Moss Trip

 
    Had a lovely day out on sunday with the Halifax & Huddersfield
    RSPB Group, lovely weather, and lovely company and lots of
    action from the Leighton Moss birdlife, I observed over 60 species
    of birds on the day and some of the group spotted more than that,
    only downfall for me was that it was a poor day for photography
    as most of the birds were a long way off or hiding behind thick
    branches and hedges, oh well you can't have everything.

    Highlight of the day for me was getting to see and photograph
    a Grasshopper Warbler as it was a lifer for me, another lifer for
    me was a Great White Egret though only in flight, Cetti's Warblers
    were everywhere in fact I nearly stood on one, but getting a photo
    of one turned out to be impossible.

    Got my first Swallow, Marsh Harrier, Ring Ouzel and Blackcap
    of the year but the Cattle Egret and Garganey proved elusive for
    me though seen by others on the trip, also 2 Otters decided to make
    an appearance which is always nice but no sign of the Barn Owl that
    showed well last year or the Bearded Tit which I was hoping to see,
    but overall an excellent day for true birders and an enjoyable day for
    me and it wasn't overcrowded like it has been before, and I even
    bought a bird table and a clock so I think I got a bit giddy.

 
















1 comment:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

One to remember there Dave.
Ring Ouzel eh?
Save you a Soil Hill extravagaza!!
Glad you had a good do.
See you around.
John