Wednesday 6 February 2019

Waxwing Heaven


  Hello everybody, I'm back after a computer breakdown so I apologise
  to my readers or followers.
  Lots of reports of Pink Footed Geese flying over Calderdale during the
  last few months and good to hear that the Waxwings are back.
  I got a nice surprise on Christmas Day on the garden feeders, a 
  Lesser Spotted Woodpecker stuck among 20+ Goldfinch it stood out
  a mile what a beautiful bird I believe it was a female,  also had an albino
  Goldfinch on the feeders.

  Yesterday I had 2 Peregrine Falcons fly over the back fields together
   towards Swalesmoor, so today with the sun coming out to play I decided
  so shall I after more reports of Waxwing at Lane Head, Brighouse, well 
  lo and behold they were there maybe 50 or more mixed in with Redwing
  and a few Mistle Thrush, plenty of birders their with camera's clicking away,
  and it was nice to bump into Graham H, David L and Phil D, at the top of
  the park were 3 Brambling tho they were very flighty.

   At Cromwell Bottom, 50+ Pink Footed Geese flew over and a Buzzard flew
   out of a tree and low along the river, a Green Woodpecker was in the back field
   of my house but flew off before I could get a shot, but it seems to becoming
   a regular visitor.

 











 

  

 






  

No comments: