Sunday 4 November 2018

Morning Bats


  Took a trip to Cromwell Bottom this morning and then
  up to Beacon Hill, first bird seen was a Grey Wagtail
  hopping about on stones in the river and then nearby
  the bridge, next bird was a Kingfisher flypast and then
  flew into some bushes by the river, the next flyby was
  a bit of a shock it was a couple of Bats at 10.30 in the
  morning and I thought they only came out at night or dusk,
  they seemed bigger than the ones that fly around my garden
  but it might be because it was daylight ?.
  Up by the weir I had a Sparrowhawk flying by,
  just a shame my camera settings were wrong.
  4 birds flew out of the trees by the meadow which I
  thought were Siskin but can't be certain, and down at the
  viewing area were Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Robin, Dunnock,
  Blue, Coal and Great Tit, LTT's, Goldfinch and Nuthatch.

  Beacon Hill just had 4 Wood Pigeon and 2 Llama's.

  Garden had 30+ Goldfinch, Collared Dove, Dunnock and
  a Sparrowhawk snatching a Magpie which surprised me.

 


























4 comments:

AndyC said...

Could be a Noctule BAt......?

Dave Brotherton said...

Somebody else has said that to me on Facebook Andy.

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Amazing to get such a good bat in flight pic
Dave.
Well done.
John

Dave Brotherton said...

Just luck John, I clicked away and hoped for the best because their bloody fast.