Sunday 13 May 2018

Green Woodpecker in Garden


 Not been out for a while as I'm still waiting for my camera
 to return from being fixed, but dug my old camera out just
 in time to get this beauty in my garden, a beautiful Green
 Woodpecker calling and showing well, I am well chuffed
 as this bird as always been a bogie bird for me, often heard
 but only seen at a distance so this was a cracking surprise.





         Other birds seen lately in and around the garden have been,
         Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Bullfinch, Blue Tit, Stock Dove, Sparrowhawk,
         Kestrel,  Linnet, Corvids, Dunnock,  Starling and Blackbird.

2 comments:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

Nice Green Packed Dave....
Everything comes to be who waits.
John

Dave Brotherton said...

I was well chuffed John I've waited years to get a good sight of one of these