Thursday 11 June 2015

Red Kite Surprise

              Had a walk around Cromwell Bottom NR early doors
              but not a lot showing even though there was plenty of song,
              it started well with a Grey Wagtail up by the weir, LTT's,
              Chiff Chaff, Willow Warblers, Whitethroat, Wren, Blackcap,
              all heard and spotted but not long enough to get a pic of and even a
              Sparrowhawk turned up for seconds, Sedge, Reed & Garden
              Warblers heard but not seen but plenty damsel flies about, oh and
              a Heron was sitting on its nest.

              Next I went up to Soil Hill where there was nothing but Meadow
              Pipit's until I got to the Ned lane track and there flying through the
              valley was a beauty of a Red Kite but gutted I couldn't get a decent
              shot of it. Mixenden Res was a Zero so on up to Fly Flatts where
              Swallows were collecting for nests, 1 Little Owl, 1 Curlew, 2 Redstarts
              2 Kestrels and a Bank vole running across the road that made the end
              of the day a disaster 1 more road kill thanks to me I was gutted, I just
              couldn't stop in time, so sulking and annoyed at myself I made my way
              home to see the newly fledged Blue Tits and Starlings & House Sparrows
              & Goldfinch eating on my feeders.

















1 comment:

Bradshaw Rambler said...

A fair old outing there Dave.
It's actually warm in soil hill for a change.
Nice one with the Red Kite.
John.